Choosing wet based systems:
If you’re considering a wet or hydronic under floor heating system. Make sure you know how it works and if it’s the best fit for your home. A water underfloor heating system can sit beneath pretty much any type of flooring; including stone, tile, wooden or even carpeted surfaces.
Wet underfloor heating systems are a series of pipes connected to your boiler circulate warm water throughout the floor to heat the space. Alternatively, you can connect the water underfloor pipes to a solar water heating system, air source or ground source heat pump.
The Energy Saving Trust says water underfloor heating is typically more energy efficient than radiators and therefore less expensive to run. This is because the heat emitted from an underfloor system is more evenly distributed than a single radiator. This means it can use water at a lower temperature.
We can provide various systems depending on your application;
- A retro fit system, this is a low profile panel system from 18mm in depth.
- A conventional pipe system clipped to insulation and then screed-ed over.
- We can also offer bespoke systems tailored to your individual needs.
What are the good things about underfloor heating systems?
- Comfort! Your feet will be lovely and warm, so you can walk around barefoot all year – it’s particularly welcoming in the bathroom when you step out of the bath or shower
- It distributes heat evenly and consistently around the room
- A suitably sized unit can heat a larger area than an individual radiator, and works at a lower temperature.
- Less wastage – your floors will stay warm even if the windows are open.
- It’s hidden – so it doesn’t spoil your décor or take up space with ugly, bulky radiators
- It might enhance your home’s selling price: underfloor heating has a reputation for being state of the art and high spec and could attract buyers looking for a luxurious property